|Connect with us!|
Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba
About the MTAM
The Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba (MTAM) is an incorporated not-for-profit association of professional massage therapists in Manitoba. Established in 1973, we have been serving the profession for over 40 years.
To promote and enhance the art, science and philosophy of massage therapy in a professional and ethical manner to ensure the highest level of competency based practice for massage therapy within the province of Manitoba.
Our purpose is to
1. Protect the public by ensuring safe, competent and ethical massage practise, accomplished by examination, registration and disciplinary processes;
2. Represent members before governmental and regulatory bodies concerned with massage therapy;
3. Foster and encourage professional growth among members;
4. Ensure high standards of education for students of massage therapy; and
5. Promote the art, philosophy and science of massage therapy.
and in 2015 the Board added the following, in keeping with a renewed focus on our members needs:
6.To serve our members with care and compassion.
In Good Hands
In addition to the highest level of education and competency in the Province, all MTAM members are bound by a Code of Ethics and follow the highest standards of practice. Our Association and its members believe in ongoing education to maintain the highest standards of practice and competency. You know you are in good hands with our members.
Use our search engine to Find a Registered Massage Therapist near you.
In addition to maintaining their registration annually, MTAM Members:
Meet or exceed nationally accepted levels of competency and education;
Maintain their standards of practice and take part in on-going improvement;
Have submitted a Criminal Record Check (CRC) with the Vulnerable Sector search;
Ensure privacy and confidentiality of their clients' personal health information and records under the PHIA - Personal Health Information Act;
Find Out More
Meet our Board of Directors and Staff Members
Find out more about the Benefits of Massage Therapy